Inbound email allows users to respond to tickets by replying to the ticket notification emails generated by the application, and removes the need for them to log in.
To set up this functionality, you must create a new email address that will only be used for BigHelp'sincoming email functionality.
A simple free Gmail account will work for this purpose or you can use a company email account. The only requirement is that the account's only purpose is for receiving and processing email's for BigHelp. This is important because ALL emails will be deleted from the account once they are processed by the application.
Setting up inbound email:
- Create a new email address that will be used for BigHelp only. This means it shouldn't be the same email address you have listed as your company email address in Duet's settings. The company email address is presumably an email address that is used to send and receive email. The email address used here will not be able to send or receive email regular email.
- Log into BigHelp with an administrator account and open the Settings page
- Scroll down to the Incoming Email Settings
- Populate the Email Address, Host, Password, and Port fields for the email address you created for this step. Your email provider will be able to tell you what these values are.
- If you're using Gmail you will need to follow the instructions at the following three links. If you're not using Gmail, you can skip this step.
- Setup scheduled tasks as described here: Scheduled Tasks Setup